Syngenta Names New Fungicide for Use on Golf Courses and Sod Farms
Syngenta Professional Products announced a new fungicide designed to treat brown patch, gray leaf spot, dollar spot, large patch, leaf spot and anthracnose. The product is called Renown™ and offers a unique formulation for the turf market. Combining active ingredients from Heritage® and Daconil® fungicides, the new fungicide features both systemic and contact modes of action. Renown fungicide’s anticipated use sites include golf courses and sod farms.
Renown is expected to receive registration from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency in the spring of 2009.
Features of new Renown fungicide include:
· Super WeatherStik® Technology: This patented surfactant helps the contact component of Renown stick and stay on the turf surface longer for broad-spectrum disease control.
· Treatment for the South: Renown does not contain a triazole (DMI or sterol inhibitor), therefore making it useful as a rotational product for golf courses in the southern United States.
· Convenient Handling: Packaged in an easy-to-pour 2.5-gallon container, this formulation helps reduced the time and labor inherent in tank mixing.
· Multiple Features: Renown offers fast curative contact activity with long-term systemic residual protection.
· A “Turf Essential”: Syngenta expects Renown to be the latest addition to the Syngenta Turf Essentials™ line of “combination” fungicides product brands including Headway®, Instrata® and Concert®. Each product relies on a formulation of two or more active ingredients with multiple modes of action and broader-spectrum efficacy than traditional single-mode products. Together with Daconil, they help deliver comprehensive preventive disease control.
“Renown features a leading strobilurin and one of the best-performing contact fungicides available today,” said Dave Ravel, turf-lead marketing manager for Syngenta Lawn & Garden. “This fungicide is expected to enable golf course superintendents and turf managers to achieve broad spectrum control, manage resistance, enhance turf quality and deliver reliable results.”
Renown fungicide is not currently registered for sale or use in the United States.
For more information about Renown fungicide or the Syngenta portfolio of products and services, please contact your local Syngenta territory manager, Syngenta Authorized Channel Partner, or the Syngenta Customer Center at 1-866-SYNGENTA (796-4368).
Syngenta is a world-leading agribusiness committed to sustainable agriculture through innovative research and technology. The company is a leader in crop protection, and ranks third in the high-value commercial seeds market. Sales in 2007 were approximately $9.2 billion. Syngenta employs over 21,000 people in more than 90 countries. Syngenta is listed on the Swiss stock exchange (SYNN) and in New York (SYT). Further information is available at